Ford Escort MkII RS2000 Custom
ADVERT ID: 26950
Number of Times
Ford Escort MkII RS2000 Custom – Some cars just ‘sit right’, and this low mileage, low ownership 1979 RS 2000 Custom appears ‘on the button’.
- Launched in 1976, an RS2000 Custom was an extremely aspirational purchase, with the distinctive polyurethane ‘droop snoot’ front-end and air dam, a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, SOHC, Pinto engine offering 0-60mph in just 8.5 seconds and a top speed of 108mph, these cars were rather special
- In late 1978, the ‘Custom Pack’ became an option and included ‘Fishnet’ Recaro seats, full door-cards, clock and pod centre console, 6J x 13″-alloys, boot carpet, remote drivers door mirror and the back panel around the rear lights was painted black
- Finished in Venetian Red, this smart example has covered just 42,695 miles from new
- It’s showing two former registered keepers on the V5 and will have a fresh MOT prior to the sale
- The, possibly quite valuable, Registered Number, 895 F, will remain with the car
THE PRACTICAL CLASSICS CLASSIC CAR AND RESTORATION SHOW SALE 2023
The Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show Sale at the NEC, Birmingham (B40 1NT) on Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th. Entries close on 3rd March for what promises to be a magnificent auction of Classics and Modern Classic cars over two days at the show. Viewing Times: Friday 24th March 10am to 5pm, and Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th from 9am. View all the Lots below or go to our SELL page to upload an entry or request a free valuation. Discounted entry to the show is available using code CLASSICCARAUC.