TOYOTA AE86 TRUENO UNFINISHED RACE CARAdvert ID: 43131 $35,000 AUD
1984 AE86 Toyota Trueno GT, imported into Australia as a standard road car in 1993 and club raced for 5 years. It had around 40,000 genuine Klms when imported and probably did no more than another 20,000 in the time I had it. Car was deregistered around 1999.
Exceptionally straight, accident-free body. Minimal rust when imported. Beaver panel replaced only.
All major work below done after 1999. Some work still required. Many original parts not yet fitted are supplied with the car.
Specifications as follows.
- Extensive lightweight 4130 Chromoly roll cage by Fast Fabrication with engineer's certificate. Was built to FIA regulations.
- 20v blacktop 4age (purchased in 1998, was sourced from a 10.000klm half cut), Toda Chromoly flywheel and HD clutch. Standard T50 gearbox.
- New TRD engine mounts
- Motec engine wiring loom, coil packs.
- Group A winged sump reproduced by AMR in Melbourne. AMR do top-notch work for many historic touring cars and formula cars
- Mandrel Headers
- Stainless 2” exhaust from mandrel sections
- New Alloy radiator and oil cooler.
- New Aeroquip & Speedflow hoses and fittings
- TRD Group N2 spec suspension reproduced by AMR from originals with new rose joints fitted throughout.
- TRD Group A/N2 adjustable front sway bar
- TRD adjustable height front struts and springs with camber plates. New Tokico HTS adjustable shock absorbers.
- Genuine AE86 disc to disc big axle rear end with new 4 pinion Kaaz LSD and Newish Toyota 4.6 CWP.
- Rear-end has adjustable spring platforms, adjustable roller sway bar, adjustable lower arm mounts and extended Panhard rod. New Koni sport adjustable shock absorbers.
- GTR R32 4 piston front calipers (recond), larger rotors. Genuine AE86 rear calipers (recond) and new discs
- UK spec adjustable Pedal box with Girling masters (reconditioned) and bias control, Alloy steering column housing with factory collapsible shaft.
- Momo steering wheel
- 15 x 7 Superlites
- New Alloy drop tank with integrated electric pumps. Alloy fuel tank cover and box included yet to be fitted.
- New 6 kg Japanese Carbon fiber bonnet
- New genuine front spoiler plus used spare
- Genuine rear spoiler included although not shown
- Lightweight polycarbonate windows and carbon fiber door panels
- Professional 2 pack paint
- Copy of TRD N2 build manual provided.
Also included but not shown:
Factory instrument cluster, switchgear, factory glass, steering column, light assemblies, loom, window moldings and seals, door and window hardware, tail shaft etc
You would need to purchase a windscreen, seat, harness, Motec ECU and not much else. I would discard the heavy factory wiring loom and get a basic Painless loom from the USA suitable for a race car. I would also have a 1 piece tail shaft fitted.
Parts available for additional purchase including a large package of Trueno specific parts, new close-ratio gear set, TODA engine kit, Group A Albino wheels and a genuine used TRD N2 wide body kit including front spoiler, flares, rear hatch and polycarbonate rear window. Non-genuine N2 rear spoiler.
The last photo is of a TRD built N2 car and shows how the car could look with the N2 kit fitted.
More than AUD $35,000 spent years ago. The price is negotiable. Also, I would sell without engine, transmission and exhaust system if you have your own.
Shipping would be at your cost and I can assist with preparations.
Feel free to ask questions. The car is located in Melbourne, Australia.
16 Oct 2019