FORD ESCORT GRP 4 TARMAC RALLY CARAdvert ID: 40608 £54,000 GBP
The car needs to be seen to fully appreciate that it will be very difficult to find a car with such a superb finish.
This car is a full GRP 4 spec tarmac rally car, which has just undergone a complete and fully extensive rebuild by D.J. Automotive Cannock to an exceptional standard. The attention to detail and build quality is uncompromised and can be seen in the photos.
Powered by a dry sumped John Toovey 2.2 Vauxhall Red Top and producing 285 bhp 216ftlbs and has the benefit of an Elite sequential gearbox and fully floating 4 linked and Watts Linkage rear axle.
The spec is detailed below and incorporates everything that would be expected in a well prepared Escort.
• Based on a 1979 registered shell and fully prepared by Bob Doohan.
• Fully seam welded, gusseted, turreted and four linked shell with modified big gearbox and diff tunnels and exhaust tunnel.
• New lightened and strengthened doors and new arches, spoiler and front panel have all been fitted during the rebuild.
• Chassis mounted alloy sumpguard
• Engine is dry sumped John Toovey 2.2 16v Red Top Vauxhall engine delivering 285bhp and 216ftlb of torque. More detail on the full spec can be provided if required.
• This engine has been developed and improved over time and has documentation to indicate the improvements.
• It has recently been on “Sport Devices” rolling road and has documentation to demonstrate that it produces 285bhp and 216 lbft torque.
• The engine has not been used since major rebuild Engine and has only been on the rolling road.
• An Elite IL300 6 speed sequential gearbox.
• This gearbox is brand new and has not been used in competition.
• This gearbox benefits the facility to changed drop down gears to change final drive ratios.
• Twin plate super clutch with centre release clutch bearing.
• Fully floating and braced Atlas axle unused since being fully reconditioned by Gartrac.
• 4 linked and Watts Linkage system complete with big rear links.
• AP radial mounted four pot calipers and discs front and rear, with bias braking and braided hoses.
• New bias pedal box fitted
• Quick release hydraulic handbrake.
STEERING AND SUSPENSION
• Bilstein suspension all round.
• Fully adjustable and rose jointed compression struts on the front.
• 2 ¼ coil overs with 325lb springs and spring helpers on the front.
• Turreted suspension on the rear with 2 ¼ coil overs 220lb rear springs and spring helpers
• Fully adjustable and rose jointed rear suspension.
• Power Steering Solutions column (rebuilt) Electronic power assisted steering which has a reconditioned unit and new ECU and controller and also has a high ratio rack.
• Cobra Suzuka seats, never been used and still in date and mounted with new seat rails.
• TRS 5 point harnesses never been used and still in date.
• Multipiece wiring loom.
• RT30 battery
• Mechanical plumbed in fire extinguisher system
• Alloy radiator
The rebuild of this car has revolved around attention to detail, which can be seen in the exceptional standard of finish as indicated and highlighted in the photos. The car has too much detail to be listed and is complete and ready to rally and has been finished to an uncompromising standard.
Any questions, please feel free to get in contact.
06 Mar 2018
West Midlands, WV133RR