Abarth Assetto Corse 500 Rallye - MAKE AN OFFERAdvert ID: 41842 £25,000 GBP
DELIVERY TO UK or EU PORT INCLUDED.
I have decided to offer my unique works-built 2009 Abarth Assetto Corse Rallye for sale. I am returning to Classic rallying in 2019 with my 1964 Abarth.
This car is UNIQUE in the world , being the only AC Rallye produced. Abarth made both track 500’s ( called Assetto Corse) and rally 500’s ( to meet FIA R3T rules) both with standard engines. Neither met tarmac rally requirements as run in UK/Ireland/Europe or here in NZ /Australia. So starting from an AC, Abarth Racing UK built me a tarmac rally spec without restrictions ....it is one fast little beast! It is LHD and obviously to full FIA spec.
It has just had front shocks overhauled, new turbo fitted and wheels re-painted and is ready to rally or race. NOTHING TO SPEND OR DO ….ready for any rally events as is , or any Endurance race or race meeting, hillclimb or any motorsport discipline. The car is totally reliable, with 100% finishing record in all events and great results including :
• Targa NZ 2015 - 1st in 3000cc class
• Classic Adelaide 2016 - 3rd outright in GT2 Competition
• Targa Rotorua 2017 - 2nd in 3500ccc class
• Targa Tasmania 2017 – 4th in class ( running blind …no pacenotes)
• Targa NZ 2017 - 5th in 3500cc class , winner Index of Performance
• Targa Hawkes Bay 2018 - 3rd in 3500cc class
• Targa NZ 2018 – 4th in 3500cc class ( 11th fastest car overall on the very last stage !)
The car has greater potential than an old guy like me can give! Needs a gung-ho FWD young gun to wring it’s neck!
Chassis : this car is chassis 9 of 65 built. I have been to the factory and seen these cars assembled. The cage is full FIA-spec naturally.
Engine : 1400cc turbo Abarth Racing engine. Cambelt just done. 221bhp at the wheels ( about 260bhp at flywheel) and 315Nm torque at the wheels running on 98octane. Plenty more available with higher octane fuel or E85. Full factory special parts all listed in detailed manual
Gearbox : Getrag 6 speed H-pattern with Drexler LSD. Fully rebuilt two events ago.
Brakes : Brembos all round. Stops on a dime. In-cockpit bias valve. Braided hoses. Hydraulic handbrake.
Front suspension : special Abarth uprights and coil-overs, fully adjustable and sprung to suit tarmac rally. NOTE: easy to change set-up to full track or gravel if required.
Rear Suspension: standard Abarth 500 but with adjustable shocks/springs and camber adjusters…again easy to adjust for track/gravel if required.
Wheels : lightweight multispoke race wheels fitted with half-worn Dunlop DZ03G tyres
Interior : a pair of current Sabelt race seats and 6-point HANS compliant Sabelt belts. Both plumbed-in and separate extinguishers. Jack and spare wheel fitted. Intercom , Brantz meter plus Rallysafe kit all installed. Full Cosworth PI dash . Quick-release Sabelt steering wheel.
Fuel system: standard 35litre tank plus auxiliary 30litre fuel cell fitted with transfer pump.
Weight: 1050kg dry. With full tanks, spare wheel, tools, driver and co-driver, we sit at 1320kg.
Spares: there is a comprehensive spares package with the car including:
• Wheels: set of 17” race wheels and a set of 16” Fiat Coupe wheels
• Tyres: set of half-worn Dunlop DZ03G’s not mounted.
• Gearbox: good used Getrag 6 speed (rare)
• Electricals: new starter motor/ alternator/ coils packs/ plugs/ throttle pedal etc
• Driveshafts: pair of new shafts
• Suspension: spare hubs/shocks/uprights
• Cooling: new intercooler and radiator
• Turbo: spare used turbo parts and hoses.
• Clutch: new clutch plate and master cylinder
• Brakes: new and used pads, new master cylinder, used pedal box
• Bits-n-pieces: new hoses /belts /etc.
• Body : used front bumper , new light pods ( no lights) , used headlights
• Parts manual and setup manual
This is a unique opportunity to acquire a works-built rallycar at substantially less than cost. It would suit a current motorsport competitor wanting to compete in either Tarmac or gravel rally, race series , hillclimbs or Endurance series. Or it would simply suit an investor or a collector of works cars to use now and then and enjoy.
Here are a few videos :
Investment : total package GBP25000 DDU UK or European Port
NOTE: should the new owner wish to run in the upcoming 2019 Targa NZ and requires event support, we are able to offer various packages ( including experienced crew , service van , etc) at extra cost , then at the conclusion of the rally , the car can be shipped to its new home..... Fly down under and have some fun !
The car is able to be inspected at Te Puke, Bay of Plenty, NZ . Happy to chat ...please email or call,
For more photos and videos just google "mike lowe targa nz"
02 Jan 2019