Abarth Assetto Corse 500 Rallye - PRICE REDUCTIONAdvert ID: 41842 £25,000 GBP
The ENZED Abarth Barty2 is for sale .
I have decided to offer my unique works-built 2009 Abarth Assetto Corse Rallye for sale. I am returning to Classic rallying in 2019 with my 1964 Abarth.
This car is UNIQUE in the world , being the only AC Rallye produced. Abarth made both track 500’s ( called Assetto Corse) and rally 500’s ( to meet FIA R3T rules) both with standard engines. Neither met our NZ or Australian Targa Rally requirements, so starting from an AC, Abarth Racing UK built me a tarmac rally spec without restrictions to meet our local needs. It is one fast little beast!
The car is LHD with full NZ registration and of course MNZ logbook. It has just had front shocks overhauled, new turbo fitted and wheels re-painted and is ready to rally or race. NOTHING TO SPEND OR DO ….ready for 2019 Targa events as is , or any Endurance race or race meeting, hillclimb or any motorsport discipline.. It is also arguably NZ’s fastest Fiat! The car is totally reliable, with 100% finishing record in all events and great results including :
• Targa NZ 2015 - 1st in class
• Classic Adelaide 2016 - 3rd outright in GT2 Competition
• Targa Rotorua 2017 - 2nd in class
• Targa Tasmania 2017 – 4th in class ( running blind …no pacenotes)
• Targa NZ 2017 - 5th in class , winner Index of Performance
• Targa Hawkes Bay 2018 - 3rd in class
• Targa NZ 2018 – 4th in class ( 11th fastest car overall on the very last stage !)
The car has greater potential than an old guy like me can give! Needs a gung-ho FWD young gun to wring it’s neck!
Chassis : this car is chassis 9 of 65 built. I have been to the factory and seen these cars assembled. The cage is full FIA-spec with additional forward bracing as required by MNZ/LTNZ.
Engine : 1400cc turbo Abarth Racing engine. Cambelt just done. 221bhp at the wheels ( about 260bhp at flywheel) and 315Nm torque at the wheels running on 98octane. Plenty more available with higher octane fuel or E85. Full factory special parts all listed in detailed manual
Gearbox : Getrag 6 speed H-pattern with Drexler LSD. Fully rebuilt two events ago. NOTE: I had driven the Bathurst cars fitted with the Sadev sequential box and decided to go with conventional because gearing suits targa and our tracks. ( eg 1st gear on Sadev= 2nd gear on Getrag). It is a stronger box as well.
Brakes : Brembos all round. Stops on a dime. In-cockpit bias valve. Braided hoses. Hydraulic handbrake.
Front suspension : special Abarth uprights and coil-overs, fully adjustable and sprung to suit tarmac rally. NOTE: easy to change set-up to full track or gravel if required.
Rear Suspension: standard Abarth 500 but with adjustable shocks/springs and camber adjusters…again easy to adjust for track/gravel if required.
Wheels : lightweight multispoke race wheels fitted with half-worn Dunlop DZ03G tyres
Interior : a pair of current Sabelt race seats and 6-point HANS compliant Sabelt belts. Both plumbed-in and separate extinguishers. Jack and spare wheel fitted. Intercom , Brantz meter plus Rallysafe kit all installed. Full Cosworth PI dash . Quick-release Sabelt steering wheel.
Fuel system: standard 35litre tank plus auxiliary 30litre fuel cell fitted with transfer pump.
Weight: 1050kg dry. With full tanks, spare wheel, tools, driver and co-driver, we sit at 1320kg.
Spares: there is a comprehensive spares package with the car including:
• Wheels: set of 17” race wheels and a set of 16” Fiat Coupe wheels
• Tyres: set of half-worn Dunlop DZ03G’s not mounted.
• Gearbox: good used Getrag 6 speed (rare)
• Electricals: new starter motor/ alternator/ coils packs/ plugs/ throttle pedal etc
• Driveshafts: pair of new shafts
• Suspension: spare hubs/shocks/uprights
• Cooling: new intercooler and radiator
• Turbo: spare used turbo parts and hoses.
• Clutch: new clutch plate and master cylinder
• Brakes: new and used pads, new master cylinder, used pedal box
• Bits-n-pieces: new hoses /belts /etc.
• Body : used front bumper , new light pods ( no lights) , used headlights
• Parts manual and setup manual
This is a unique opportunity to acquire a works-built rallycar at substantially less than cost. It would suit a current motorsport competitor wanting to compete in either Tarmac or gravel rally, race series or Endurance series. Or it would simply suit an investor or a collector of works cars to use now and then and enjoy.
Here are a few videos :
Investment : total package NZD57500
NOTE: should the new owner wish to run in the upcoming Targa NZ events and requires event support, we are able to offer various packages ( including experienced crew , service van , etc) at extra cost
The car is able to be inspected at Te Puke, Bay of Plenty, NZ . I am currently working in Adelaide,Australia so feel free to email or call ( just remember the time difference please). Happy to chat.
For more photos and videos just google "mike lowe targa nz"
02 Jan 2019