Lola T292Advert ID: 39035 POA
We have the pleasure to offer this 1973 “Team Archambeaud” Lola T292 (HU54) for sale.
This car benefits from a continuous history with only 6 owners from new. It is exceptionally well documented as the current, long term French owner is passionate about his car’s history and was a friend of team founder/owner Paul Henri Archambeaud.
The history file contains the invoice from Lola, purchase document of the engine from Schnitzer, customs and various other documents, race clippings and many in-period pictures including a “1973 Archambeaud-team” movie; all of which will go with the car to its new owner.
HU54 has been very well taken care of by its current French owner. The engine has been refreshed prior to the 2017 season and only has 2 hours on it. The fuel cell is valid until March 2015. This nimble and quick Lola T292 has been a regular sight on the historic racing scene and has participated successfully in the CER race series in 2016 and 2017 (Spa) where it always did very well.
This car is in excellent condition throughout and ready to race. It comes with 2016 FIA HTP papers and a good spares package which includes spare bodywork, wheel sets, gear-ratio’s and running spares.
Its new owner will have the pleasure to enter and enjoy this iconic “team Archambeaud” 2 liter Lola prototype in all the historic races for which it is eligible around the world.
01/03/73: ETS PH Archambeaud, 7 et 9, rue Domremy, Paris, France
• fitted with BMW 2000cc engine
• entered by Equipe Archambeaud
• raced by Hervé Bayard and Gerrard Larrousse
• raced ’73 Le Mans 4 Hours
• raced by Bayard ’73 European 2 Litre championship
• raced by Bayard ’73 Circuits de France championship
• hillclimbed ’73 French Course-de-Cote
00/00/74: Hervé Bayard, France
• intended for European hillclimb championship campaign
• never used or raced
00/00/74: Michel Pont, Château de Savigny lès Beaune, France
• producer and merchant of Bourgogne and Volnay wines
• owner of Abarth Museum
• driven by Jean Belin in European & French Course-de-Cote ’74-76
• retained in Abarth museum from 1977
00/00/86: Jan F Proyart, France
• raced ’86 Le Mans Sprint
• raced European Supersports ‘91-96
00/00/01: Guillot, France
• raced in European Historics from 2004
• raced Le Mans Classic, 2004, 200, 2008 and 2010
• raced in European CER series, 2004 to 2012
2015 : Sold to current owner, France
Car Type: Open Sportsracer
Chassis Nr.: HU54
Competition Ready: Yes
FIA HTP: Yes
Exterior Color: Red/Yellow/green
25 Sep 2013
Phone: +32 475 422790