MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION IV RSAdvert ID: 46316 £18,500 GBP
Rare opportunity to acquire a fast-appreciating Japanese modern classic.
Originally imported to Jersey from Japan in 2019, this relatively low mileage Evo IV RS bears the nick-name "Minty" given it was in such excellent condition when it arrived off the boat.
Upon arrival, the car was duly registered in Jersey (after an SVA regulatory fog light install and speedometer dial recalibration) prior to being shipped to an Evo specialist in the UK who conducted a comprehensive and precautionary service and replacement program which included:
(a) Standard factory tune - New cambelt, pulleys and tensioners alongside a replacement auxiliary belt.
(b) New OEM intercooler & various hoses replaced as necessary.
(c) New 'Mongoose' exhaust system.
As an aside, it was subsequently discovered upon import that the car had been fitted with the later Evo VII block which is a bonus given it obviates any risk of the dreaded 'crank-walk' long associated with the Evo IV models.
(2) Transmission: New Exedy clutch and pressure plate. Rear diff rebuilt by Transmission Dynamics
(3) Suspension: New Ohlins “DFV” fully adjustable dampers and springs all round.
(4) Brakes: New brake discs and pads – all standard OEM ‘gravel spec’ callipers - professionally renovated with new seals and powder-coated.
(5) Wheels: Ultra-rare Enkei WRC Tarmac Evo rims – freshly powder-coated – totally unmarked.
(6) Interior: All original factory specification including seats and period correct UK edition Sony AM/FM radio/CD player.
(7) Exterior: Lovely - in the original factory 'Scotia White'. Underneath is very clean, honest and as it came from Japan i.e. it has not been undersealed (which tends to cover up a multitude of sins).
The car has been dry stored and deliberately kept almost completely standard - with the exception of a few sensible modifications to maintain the OEM look as much as possible. It also benefits from the factory fitted air-conditioning option.
This a very reluctant sale from a much-cherished collection of four Evolution IV RS examples.
As with most imports from Japan, previous service history is sadly lacking. All receipts held since the vehicle arrived from Japan. Please note: MOTs are not required in Jersey. If importing to the UK, advice and guidance will be provided regarding the vehicle registration process.
02 Mar 2021
ST CLEMENT, JERSEY, JE2 6GR
Phone: 07797 741122
Bank Transfer, Cash on Collection