AMG Mercedes CLK 63 Black Series Race CarAdvert ID: 36771 $225,000 USD
World Challenge GT - Mercedes AMG Black Series with a serious price reduction.
This remarkable car was built from the ground up from a Mercedes AMG CLK 63 Black Series tub. Beautifully engineered and built, this represents a 1 of 1 in the world. It was built in 2012 to compete in the GT class of the Pirelli World Challenge series. It was the only AMG/MB running in a Pro Series in the U.S. at that time.
Today’s price is a fraction of the build cost, and represents a huge saving for someone attempting to build even a significantly less specified AMG Mercedes Black Series.
A massive spares package detailed below includes a complete brand new AMG-156 Engine.
After acquiring the car, it was stripped to nothing but a media blasted tub. From there every component was painstakingly designed, engineered and built with attention to the smallest detail. The cage and balance of fabrication is a thing of art. The team directive was “it has to be perfect”. As the reader will see, only the best fittings, materials and components were used on the car. At this, the team succeeded - as even acknowledged by Affalterbach.
All pictures of the car - except at track - were taken just prior to the publishing of this offering.
The car is race ready. Push the start button and go.
Engine AMG - M.156
Configuration: 90 degree V8
Valve Train: 4 Cam (vario)/32 Valve
Displacement: 6.208 Liters
Bore x Stroke: 102.6 x 94.6mm
Cylinder Spacing: 109mm
Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
Output: 600+ HP - Subject to Map**
Torque: 505+Ft.lbs - Subject to Map**
Max Engine Speed: 7,200 - Subject to Map
** Series Restricted
The electronics package for this AMG M156 was engineered from scratch…..and this is a complicated Vario 4 cam, 32 valve engine.
Many months were invested engineering a stand-alone ECU for this engine, involving the best Motorsport electronics engineers & AMG engine specialists. Endless hours of dyno time perfecting critical engine control systems. To our knowledge, no one has ever done this with the M-156.
The flexibility in the mapping allows power band programming to best suit differing tracks.
Again, this system was designed for absolute reliability. Enough can't be said about the durability of this AMG engine. It's a workhorse.
The car is offered with a complete spare engine shipped from AMG with zero hours. (pictured here)
The engine was run-in and tuned at Aasco Performance (Randy Aase & Brian Sakata) to confirm compliance with all aspects of the ECU. Estimated time on spare: <2hrs.
MoTeC M880 ECU
- Shifter Strain Gauge
- Pro Motec Dash
- Shift Lights
• Qualifying - 2
• Race Maps – 5
- Pit Limiter
- Traction Control
- Launch Control
MoTeC ADL3 – Pro Analysis
- Pit ID (Flashing Headlights)
- Brake Pressure
- Throttle Position
- Steering Position
- Wheel Speed
- Fuel Pressure – Covers 3 legs of Fuel System
- Water Temp
- Oil Temp – ECU Controlled Cooling Fans
- Oil Pressure
- Gearbox Temp
- Diff Temp – ECU Controlled Cooling Fans
- Lap Time/Split/Predictor
All electronics and looms were engineered, built, installed & tested by Brian Sakata - Sakata Motorsport Electronics. Brian’s reputation for developing electronic systems in motorsport is unsurpassed.
- Fuel Safe Cell: 25 Gallon Capacity
- Filling: Dry Brake
- Pumps: 2 internal low pressure collector (Bosh)
- 2 External High-Pressure pumps to engine with regulator (Bosh 10Bar)
- Injector System: AMG run via MoTeC ECU
- Clutch – Tilton 7.5” – 3plate
- Transmission – Xtrac 487 6 Speed Sequential
- Prop Shaft – Engineered Mark Williams Carbon Fiber
- Differential – OS Giken Super Lock LSD – Traction Control
- Half Shafts: - AMG with polished races and boot venting.
- Modified AMG Multi -Link:
- Uprights: Modified AMG
- Engineered MCS Coilover Strut (4 way adjustable)
- Engineered Adjustable Sway Bar
- Engineered Camber Plates
- Engineered Strut Brace
- Modified AMG Lower Control Arm & Multi-Link
- Engineered MCS Coilover Dampers (4 way adjustable)
- Engineered adjustable sway bar
- Wheels: Custom offset 18” Aluminum Billet by CCW
- Tires: Front: 305/645/18 – Pirelli P Zero per WC Series
- Rear: 325/675/18 – Pirelli P Zero per WC Series
- Engineered & Developed specifically for the car by StopTech
- 6 Pot Calipers, 15” Slotted & Vented Rotors
- AP Master Cyl 3/16
- Pads: PFC 01
- 4 Pot Calipers, 13” Slotted & Vented Rotors
- AP Master Cyl. 3/16
- Pads: PFC 01
- AP Pedal Box (CP550-605 MTS)
- AP Driver Bias Adjustment
- All AeroQuip Plumbing
Leaving no stone unturned, the entire car including the underbody, suspension pickup points etc. were fully digitised. In addition to being critical in engineering the suspension, CG and weight distribution, considerable time was spent on the aerodynamics of the car.
This was overseen by Max Crawford of Crawford Composites and senior aerodynamisist and materials engineer in the defence industry.
Through the use of advanced wind tunnel modelling & CDF analysis, the most efficient aero design and components were engineered per GCR's.
The car was built to race in a pro series. Consequently, a comprehensive spares package was critical and developed to address virtually any contingency encountered during a race weekend. In addition to the list below, also included is a huge compliment fasteners, suspension components, tubing, hoses, wiring, shrouds, gold heat shielding and more. This will all go with the car.
- Complete New AMG-156 Engine
- SLS Intake Manifold
- AMG Engine Gasket Kit
- Vario Cam Gear
- Clutch Assembly
- Clutch Alignment Tool
- Water Pump
- Power Steering Pump
- Auxiliary Water Pump
- Starter Motor
- Wiper Motor
- Motor Mounts
- Full Complement of Filters
- Oil Cooler Fan
- Gear Box Cooler Fan
- Gear Box Sockets & Tools
- Complete OS Giken Super Lock LSD
- Hub Puller Kit
- Rear Hub
- 2 Prop Shafts
- Brake Rotors - Front & Rear
- 4 Sets Brake Pads - Front &Rear
- AMG Front Uprights
- Damper Mounts
- Toe Link
- Sway Bar Drop Link
- Wheel Spacers
- Full Set CCW Wheels
- New Lexan Windscreen
- New CF Front Splitter
- 2 Test Splitters + Jabroc
- 2 New Front Fenders
- Air Jack Wand Complete
The car & all spares is offered at $225,000
This offering is by Principals
Please email or call. We are happy to assist with any questions.
Questions of a technical nature will be responded to by Mr. Evan Chance, the Senior Build Team member and Crew Chief.
Primary: (714) 365-2024
Evan Chance: (760) 415-3325
Further information and additional build photos can be seen at www.901engineering.com
28 Oct 2016
Newport Beach, 92660
Phone: +1 760 415-3325
Phone 2: +1 714 365-2024