Pajero Evolution 1998 – Silver – Tiptronic – Original Condition
ADVERT ID: 32882
Number of Times
Introducing the Unforgettable Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution!
Step into a world of timeless elegance and exhilarating off-road adventures with this original Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution. Its Dakar Rally champion heritage adds prestige and makes it a conversation starter wherever you go. Get ready for envious gazes and curious inquiries from fellow car enthusiasts as people stop you at petrol stations just to catch a glimpse of this iconic vehicle.
With its distinctive design, the Pajero Evolution stands out from the crowd. The sleek silver exterior, flared wheel arches, scooped bonnet, and eye-catching rear spoiler leave a lasting impression. As you drive by, heads turn, and onlookers marvel at the powerful and elegant combination.
Inside, you’ll find black cloth-trimmed Recaro seats with patterned inserts and carbon-fibre-effect trim, offering both comfort and style. The Pajero Evolution confidently rides on 16-inch Centerline Daytona split-rim alloy wheels, complemented by mixed tires for superior grip and a commanding presence.
Prepare to be captivated by the distinctive growl of the naturally aspirated 3.5-litre ‘6G74’ V6 engine with MIVEC variable valve timing, delivering an impressive 206kW of raw power. Coupled with a five-speed automatic transmission, this exceptional Pajero Evolution effortlessly commands all four wheels, providing a driving experience like no other. With an odometer reading of 248,900 Kms, it carries the legacy of approximately 2,500 examples produced exclusively for the Japanese market.
Offered from long-term ownership, this well-cared-for Pajero Evolution is a prime example of a modern classic homologation special 4×4. Its charm and awe-inspiring capabilities make it an ideal addition to any car collection or a perfect companion for retro daily drives, weekend sprints, track days, and thrilling off-road explorations.
Enjoy a range of features, including Ralliart mudflaps, a high and low range gearbox, automatic climate control, a digital clock, and a heated rear windscreen. This particular example comes equipped with an aftermarket tow bar and an Alpine stereo, enhancing convenience and entertainment on your journeys.
With its comprehensive package, this Pajero Evolution includes the original toolkit, owner’s handbook, and a wealth of service records. Meticulously maintained and serviced, it underwent recent maintenance in July 2022 at 247,924 Kms, including a full service and air intake system cleaning. Notable previous maintenance includes brake replacements, headlight assembly upgrades, and a new cambelt and water pump fitted in June 2014.
While signs of age and wear are present, this 25-year-old car has been in daily use, maintaining exceptional condition for its age and unrestored state. The interior showcases the care and maintenance it has received. Any imperfections are transparently documented in photos and videos for your consideration.
Don’t miss the opportunity to own a true legend in the automotive world. With its undeniable charisma, impressive history, and exceptional performance, this Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution is ready to accompany you on unforgettable journeys, whether conquering city streets or blazing new trails in the great outdoors.
- This Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution is a particularly smart and well-kept example of the rare homologation special 4×4
- For sale by owner, from a long-term ownership
- In highly original condition.
- Naturally aspirated 3.5-litre ‘6G74’ V6 with MIVEC variable valve timing, producing around 206kW and driving all four wheels via a five-speed automatic transmission.
- The odometer shows 248,798 Kms from new.
- This Pajero Evolution is one of around 2,500 examples produced exclusively for the Japanese market.
- The car was imported into New Zealand from Japan in 2004 by the seller.
- There is an aftermarket tow bar, and an aftermarket Alpine stereo.
- The car comes with the original toolkit, a jack, the owner’s handbook, a print-out and PDF of the New Zealand service history, and a folder of maintenance and parts invoices.
- Only 95 or 98 octane fuel has been used in this car, with petrol treatments annually to keep the fuel system clean.
- Front tires were new in Feb 2023.
- Owner has created a to-do list of tasks for the car that they wanted to complete along with links to the OEM parts listings.
- The car’s has a detailed Warrant of Fitness (WOF) performed six monthly. The next is due July 2023 and if it passes, fails, or has any advisories, it will be updated here.
- Owner’s Manual – Mitsubishi Evolution, E-V55W 1997~ – JPNZ International English Translation
- Service Schedule & Maintenance Note – JPZN International English Translation
- Alpine FM/AM CD Receiver CDA-9835 CDA-9833 Owner’s Manual, remote control, case to hold frontage when removed from car
- Purchase & Import
- Purchase Invoice – 27/06/2004
- Vehicle Sale & Purchase Agreement – 06/08/2004
- Hand written note in English & Japanese of the chassis number
- Import compliance invoice – 08/11/2004
- Service, Maintenance, and Repair History
Service records from 2007 to 20023 available in a folder. Notable items are:
- 20/06/2014 – Auto Super Shoppes – Timing Belt, Water Pump, Drive Belts replaced – odometer reading 169,860km
- 24/12/2014 – Auto Super Shoppes – Rebush suspension arms – odometer reading 176,010km
- 13/12/2017 – Auto Super Shoppes – Comprehensive Service, replaced belt pulleys & bearings, radiator & pressure cap, aux drive belts, and thermostat, replaced stop lamp switch and bulbs – WOF – Pass
- 15/02/2018 – Coolcar North Shore – Air-conditioning System Check, replaced compressor, TX valve, filter drier
- 17/12/2018 – Hometune – Ultimate Service, Hydrogen Carbon Clean & WOF – Pass
- 14/05/2021 – Hometune – replaced power steering belt
- 14/12/2021 – Hometune – replaced headlight assemblies & WOF – Pass
- 06/02/2023 – Hyperdrive – 2 x Kenda Offroad tires to replace worn front tires
These are issues the seller is aware of. Please also refer to images for more transparency.
- The rear tires are due to be replaced within the next year or so.
- There is small oil leak from rocker cover gasket that the regular mechanic has said is fine for now and not causing an issue.
- The air intake system has been cleaned and this has helped with pick-up when putting your foot to the floor, however, if planning to race the car it would be worth replacing the air intake valve control pin.
- The last WOF test in January 2023 passed with advisories for the front tires being worn (now replaced), and the right front lower suspension control arm bush requiring attention soon (currently locating the parts – may be easier in a country with more access to car parts).
- A few dashboard bulbs need replacing.
- The tachometer/rev counter started working intermittently in Dec 2022 after a particularly bumpy off road trip, so possibly a dislodged sensor.
- Exterior Bodywork
- Car is in original condition apart from the front bumper that was resprayed after getting damaged on the boat when being imported.
- The paintwork is 25 years old and is tired, especially on the roof and the rear quarter panels.
- Signs of age on the window and rubber trims.
- The front window sealant trim was made by the the windscreen replacement company when they couldn’t acquire an actual trim, it looks hand made so for a perfect look, this should be replaced.
- Drivers side step has been repaired after breaking.
- The rear Mitsubishi decal is missing one of the red diamonds.
- There is a small pinprick type ding in the driver’s door.
- The interior is excellent apart from:
- Repair on driver’s seat where the edge was worn
- The cup holder does not work
- An air vent is missing some slats
- There is minor damage on the handbrake button
- The rubber sleeve around the drive selector has an age tear
- The glove box needs a wiggle to get it to open
- The interior is excellent apart from:
The Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution is a 4×4 vehicle that is beloved by car enthusiasts and collectors. This particular model is rare and exceptional, and has been well taken care of by its previous owner. It is a smart choice for anyone looking for a highly-original and well-maintained modern classic.
With only around 2,500 examples produced exclusively for the Japanese market, this Pajero Evolution is a true gem. Its exterior is understated black and white, and the interior is clean and well-maintained. Both the exterior and interior are in remarkable condition, which is a testament to the care and attention this vehicle has received over the years.
Not only is this vehicle attractive, it also boasts impressive off-road capabilities. The 3.5-liter V6 engine and four-speed automatic transmission make this vehicle an excellent performer both on and off the road. Its off-road capabilities are further enhanced by its all-wheel drive system and differential lock, making it perfect for weekend sprints and off-road adventures.
This vehicle is a great addition to any collection and is also highly capable for daily driving. It has a retro charm and reliable performance that is perfect for car enthusiasts and collectors alike. Overall, the Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution is a rare and exceptional vehicle that is sure to turn heads and provide endless enjoyment to its next owner.
Buyer is responsible for shipping & handling organisation and costs