NISSAN 240RS – GROUP B
ADVERT ID: 42819
Number of Times
NISSAN 240RS – GROUP B Year of Registration 1985 Chassis No 130 of 200
The Vehicle was first prepared by Byldenstein for a customer in Argentina – Haile Aguilar (now deceased). Its first proper rally was the WRC Argentina in 1986. Haile Aguilar then moved the car to Jordan where he was working and it did local rallies and hillclimbs.
It was then sold to Khaled Dallal in Jordan to do the Middle East Rally Championship (1988).
In 2006 the car was traced in Lebanon and moved to New Zealand for a full restoration. Euan Beattie put it back on the road with a few short rallies under its belt in NZ. It was then bought in 2018 by its current owner back to the UK.
Rally Xtreme UK – was then tasked with getting it ready for – The East African Classic Safari Rally – 2019. The car has had a huge amount of work put into it. After the 2019 event it was sent back to Rally Extreme for upgrades and then sent to Kenya for Ian to test. The car was returned back to the UK arriving here at the end of Aug 2022.
Spec and who did the work
– Engine rebuilt by Jondel Dec 2021) This Engine has no more than 125km on it.
– Gearbox – developed Dansport – complete new gear kit.
– Axle – Hilux as built by Dansport (Spares are Escort type Atlas axles)
– Suspension Reigers – fully adjustable.
– Front on Ian Rix Engineering Hubs
– Brakes are AP all round
– Steering rack – By GT transmissions – power assisted
– Complete new wiring loom
– Osian Pyrce – winner of the BRC 2022, tested the car at Walters Arena before it was sent to Kenya.
– Stephane Prevot – Navigated in it in 2019